Thursday, February 5, 2009

On Tattoos

If you are planning on getting a tattoo and you are still financially dependent on us, I expect you to affix the particular design on the particular body part in some temporary manner (Sharpie or henna - I don't care) for at least six months prior to going to a reputable tattoo artist. This is to ensure that you won't immediately regret your decision or die from tetanus. How you may feel about your decision later in life, I can't say. All I know is that I'm not paying for you to laser off "Hooray for Creationism" from your bottom two years later.

Anecdotal evidence:
My friend from high school had an older sister who got a huge female symbol tattooed on her forearm. She later had difficulties in job interviews because she was unable to cover the tattoo completely. After unsuccessfully spending tens of thousands of dollars on laser removal, she finally moved to Hawaii because no one there cared.

So, the moral of this story is: if you love your grandparents, don't tattoo your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment